Last updated on September 2020
Toora Women Inc. (Toora) would like to first and foremost acknowledge the challenges and additional vulnerabilities that many women and children in the ACT are facing during these uncertain times.
Toora continues to implement some operational precautions to ensure sustainability of service delivery during this period. These precautions do not affect our capacity to support women, children and families who are homeless or at risk of homelessness or in need of alcohol and other drug supports.
Toora Domestic Violence and Homelessness Service:
- Will continue to do assessments and intakes as usual.
- We continue to provide face to face case management to clients, while also providing options for support via the phone or video conferencing where safety concerns are identified.
- Group activities have recommenced with small numbers of clients to ensure social distancing.
- Collaborating with and providing intensive support to clients engaged with Onelink and DVCS with the additional programs that have been funded for COVID-19.
Toora AOD services:
- Initial Assessments are continuing via the phone. We are resuming Comprehensive Assessments face to face, where safe to do so.
- Case management supports will be offered face to face where safe do so, however phone options are still available.
- Community Day Program will be delivered face to face in 2 smaller groups with additional supports offered over the phone.
- Residential face to face supports and groups have resumed and intakes are going ahead where safe to do so.
- We have stopped any other community groups at this point yet are hoping to resume shortly.
- We are now offering both face to face and phone or video conferencing counselling supports.
We will continue to review our activities regularly in response to any changes that may have an impact on the safety of our women, children, families and staff. We will continue to work closely with our stakeholders and community partners within the guidelines of ACT Health. Unfortunately, we are currently unable to accept any student placements.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support to Toora Women Inc.
If you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our relevant office number which you can find on https://www.toora.org.au/contact-us/contact-toora/.
Toora Women Inc. management