Our mission at Toora is to be the leading organisation in the ACT providing safe, respectful support for all women who are impacted by domestic and family violence, homelessness, the criminal justice system and/or alcohol and drug dependency. We also aim to educate our wider community about the prevalence of these issues in order to reduce and eliminate the factors impacting on our clients.
Our vision is a world where women, girls, non-binary and feminine identifying people live safely and securely without fear; where we are equal, respected and valued for our contributions to society.
- Eliminating the culture of gender-based violence
- Quality gender specific programs and services
- Understanding and respecting our diversity
- Advocacy for those in need
- Listening to and Learning from our clients and community
- Integrity in all we do
- Taking action for social change
- Yielding positive client outcomes and organisational outcomes