You have the right to give feedback
Tell us what you think of our services, it helps us improve the way we work.
You can provide feedback for specific Toora services using the following surveys:
Domestic Violence and Homelessness Services Client Satisfaction survey
Alcohol and Other Drug Services (including Counselling) Client Satisfaction survey
If you are exiting a Toora service, please use our client exit survey
Make a complaint
You are entitled to be treated fairly and respectfully by Toora staff and volunteers at all times and have the right to make a complaint about the service and treatment you have received at Toora.
Making a complaint will allow us to strengthen and improve our services for you and future clients.
These are the ways in which you can make a complaint:
- Speak with your Case Coordinator or any other Case Coordinator
- Speak with a Manager or a Director
- Via the feedback and complaints form on our website here
- Speak with the CEO
- With the support of a family member, advocate or another organisation
Your complaint will:
- Be kept confidential
- Not adversely affect the service you receive from Toora
- Be resolved as quickly as possible
What is the complaints process?
- You can submit a complaint here, or by the above ways.
- Upon submitting your complaint, you will receive a written acknowledgement that your complaint has been received by Toora within five business days.
- An initial assessment and investigation will be conducted.
- After the assessment and investigation into a complaint, Toora will contact you to advise of the outcome of the complaint and any action we took, the reasons for our decision, the resolutions put in place and options for review.
After the complaints process has been completed, if you are dissatisfied with Toora’s internal complaints process, you may also like to contact:
- A more senior person to review the complaint and investigation
- The CEO to review the complaint and investigation
- The Official Visitor Home – ACT Official Visitors
- The Human Rights Commission Complaints – HRC (act.gov.au)
- Commonwealth Ombudsman How to make a complaint | Commonwealth Ombudsman
You can find out more information about your rights and our complaints management process in our Complaints Management Policy.
For serious allegations of abuse, neglect and exploitation by our staff or volunteers you can contact: