“We”, “us”, “our” and “Toora” means Toora Women Inc ABN 11 099 754 393 (Incorporated Association Number A00887 (ACT)).
How we collect your personal information
We collect personal information when:
- You register to use any of our services
- You are referred to us by another service provider
- You make a donation to us
- You complete our surveys
- You submit a question or request to us
- You interact with us online (including through our website), in person, by mail or over the phone
The types of personal information we collect
The kinds of personal information we collect about you may include:
- Contact and other identifying information including your name, address, phone number, email addresses and date of birth
- If you are a client, information relating to your personal history including medical and other health information
- Services you may have previously accessed
- If you are a client, information on your wellbeing and case management
- If you are an employee or a student, your employment information and academic information
- If you are a donor, your financial information, including credit card details
Consequences of not providing personal information
If you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide services to you, including responding to questions or requests that you submit to us, or accepting you as a client.
Information Collection & Use
Why we collect and how we use your personal information
Your personal and sensitive information, including any health information, is only collected as is reasonably necessary for a Toora function or activity, including:
- To provide you with information or resources
- To accept you as a client and assess what services you need
- To provide referrals to other service providers
- To evaluate our own service delivery procedures
- For research purposes (only using de-identified data)
- To report to our funding bodies, including the ACT and Commonwealth Government (only using de-identified data)
- To randomly audit files to evaluate if we meet our legal obligations and internal quality requirements (only Toora Service Directors and the Executive Director will have access to client files for this purpose)
- Where you are a donor, to process your donation
- Where you have applied for a job with us, for recruitment purposes, including to check referees
Information Sharing and Disclosure
How we disclose your information
We may share personal information about you with:
- The police or other law enforcement bodies, the Department of Health and Child Protection Services or where required by law or by Toora policy
- The ACT or Commonwealth government, only using de-identified data only
- Any person that we are required or authorised by law to disclose your personal information to
- Anyone else you have given us your express consent to give your personal information to
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal information we collect, including that the information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Your personal information is maintained in a secure environment, which can be accessed only by authorised personnel. However, data transmission over the internet or information stored on servers accessible through the internet are not owned or maintained by us, and therefore cannot be guaranteed to be fully secure.
Access to or correcting your personal information
You are entitled to access or request correction of the personal information about you held by us.
If you wish to request access to your personal information held by us, if you want to correct any information we hold, or if you no longer desire our services, you may request correction in writing to the Service Directors, for Alcohol and Other Drug Services (AOD) at AOD.firstname.lastname@example.org or for Toora Domestic Violence and Homelessness Services (TDVHS) at TDVHS.email@example.com.
If the information that we hold about you is incorrect or not up-to-date, we will update it as soon as possible after you have shown us how and why it is incorrect. When you want access to your information, we will endeavour to give you access to that information within 10 working days. In the unlikely event that we are unable to provide you with access to your personal information, we will provide you with reasons for denying access. In order to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, we will ask you to provide specific identification before we give you access. If it is not practical for you to visit our office, we will arrange to check your identification before we send the information out to you.